Albertans know that the fall can begin at a moment’s notice. It’s important to assess your home at the end of the summer to see what maintenance needs to be done. Your roof protects your biggest investment – your home. It’s important to look at your roof to make sure that it’s in good shape before the winter weather begins. Preparing your roof for fall will prevent nasty surprises from happening during the winter! You should also check for leaves and debris on the roof and in the eavestroughs. Call the experts at Advanced Level Roofing if you suspect that there may be an issue. Our roofing experts will check for any leaks or holes, ensure that your chimney is in good shape, and check if there are any damaged shingles. We will give you a free estimate on any repair that may be needed.
Tips on Getting Your Roof Ready for Fall
- It’s important to check your attic for any signs of water damage and leakage. These may appear as dark spots or stains.
- You should also look carefully for any light that might be shining through a hole in the roof. This will need to be addressed immediately before more damage can occur.
- Trim tree branches that are growing close to your roof. This will prevent damage to your roof and will reduce the number of leaves that may clog your eavestroughs.
- Clean your eavestroughs regularly so that leaves don’t accumulate and cause blockages. This will prevent rainwater from overflowing and damaging the trim and siding.
- Remove fallen leaves, pine needles, and assorted debris from the gutters and eavestroughs so that the weight of these leaves when wet doesn’t cause the eavestroughs to pull loose from your roof.
Maintaining Your Roof
Preparing your roof for the fall can significantly affect how your roof fares over the fall and winter. This maintenance can also greatly extend the life of your roof and reduce the number of repairs that it may need. The roofing experts at Advanced Level Roofing will provide a free consultation and give your advice on whether your roof should be repaired or replaced. Call today to learn more about the roofers Edmonton loves!